Faith with impact
For generations now Ridleians have been living out their training across Britain and overseas, bringing the Gospel of Jesus Christ to communities in every sphere of society. Every year, as another 25-35 ordinands leave Ridley, we are witnessing faith with impact on Western culture.
Ridley's core commitment is to provide the substantial and challenging training that will equip the leaders of the future to renew the Church in a post-Christendom land. In the words of Lesslie Newbigin, an outstanding missiologist of the 20th century:
The task of ministry is to lead the congregation as a whole in a mission to the community as a whole, to claim its whole public life, as well as the personal lives of all its people, for God’s rule.
The Gospel in a Pluralist Society (London, SPCK: 2004), p. 238
Throughout its history, Ridley Hall and those formed for ministry here have responded with far-sighted vision to the opportunites of a particular time and context.
Faith with impact through the centuries
In this section of our website, you can read about how Ridley has evolved even as the world has changed around us. Explore the links below.
The Whole Gospel for the Whole World
- The 20th century: Opening the gates outwards
- World engagement today: The whole Gospel, for the whole world
Reaching young people with the Christian Faith
- The 20th century: Claiming the youth of Britain for Christ
- Youth work today: A vision for integrity and theology
High Calibre Thinkers and Practitioners
- The 20th century: Seeds in the past bearing fruit today
- Equipping for ministry today: Forming outstanding leaders for the Church of the future