Pray for Ridley
Prayer is at the heart of our life at Ridley, and we draw great encouragement from the wider community of friends and alumni of the college who regularly hold us and our work in their prayers. We invite you to join them, and offer below a range of areas for which we would particularly appreciate your ongoing prayer support.
- Praise God for an excellent enrolment of students in the current academic year, both of those preparing for ordination and training with the Centre for Youth Ministry.
- Give thanks to God for the spirit of enthusiasm and care within community life at Ridley.
Families at Ridley
This year there is a particularly large number of children within the Ridley community. More than seventy children currently have a parent training at Ridley, and more than thirty of them come to the Ridley Kidz programme every Thursday. Please pray for:
- The children themselves, that they will settle well into new schools and new home environments and routines.
- Ministry to and pastoral care among families, which is vital at a time that can be challenging as well as rewarding for family life. Pray especially for the students and staff working with Ridley Kidz.
Students at Ridley
During these winter months as we move towards the final term of the year, please pray:
- For our final-year CYM students as they begin the search for posts in a wide range of work with children, youth, and their families
- For our independent students as they continue to discern the next steps in their lives and ministries
- For our final-year ordinands in particular, as they seek to learn God's will for them in their first curacy placements
- For all the community during the winter months - for safe travel and continual encouragement and wisdom in their daily lives
We have mission partners across the world who we support both financially and in prayer. We invite you to join us in praying for all our mission partners, who include:
- Bob & Jane Hurley in Tanzania
- Alexandria School of Theology
- Bill & Irene Manley in Mongolia
The Capital Campaign, Faith for the Future
- Please pray for Ridley during early 2013 as an intense period of significant preparation for fundraising moves forward
- Pray for the resources to enable us to build the buildings that have been designed
A Collect for Ridley Hall
The following Collect was written by Ridley Hall's first Principal, Handley Moule, for the dedication of the Chapel in 1882:
Send down, O Lord, we beseech thee,
upon those who guide and teach in this Hall
the healthful Spirit of thy grace,
and fill with the same Spirit all students
who prepare themselves for the ministries of thy Church:
so replenishing them with the truth of thy doctrine,
and enduing them with innocency of life,
that they may faithfully serve thee,
to the glory of thy holy name,
and the benefit of thy holy church. Amen.