“The block teaching weeks mean that I’m able to completely immerse myself in the modules, with constant support and encouragement from the lecturers, staff and other students... I’m regularly challenged in my own faith in a way that stretches me, pushing me out of comfort zones, expanding my thinking and opening my eyes to so much more of God.”
Year 2 CYM Ridley Hall student
The BA (Honours) degree in Theology, Ministry and Mission validated by Durham University, combines cutting edge vocational training in Children and Youth ministry, with the highest level of theological education, to provide some of the foremost training available for those called to mission and ministry with young people and children; their families and communities.
Modules are taught over 6 block weeks at Ridley Hall providing unique access to students across the UK.
Learning in, and from, practice
- You will be placed in a church or other appropriate setting for the duration of your training where your formation in ministry and mission will be rooted in ongoing practice.
- You will engage in group tutorials with experienced professionals, that support the application of learning within your practice and attend to your personal spiritual formation.
Studying on this programme will enable you to gain:
- Theological understanding at significant depth, including biblical and doctrinal theology and the ability to relate these to ministry and mission with young people and/or children
- An in-depth understanding and practice of mission and ministry with young people and/or children both within and beyond the church
- A range of transferrable skills including independent and creative thinking, self-organisation, team-working, communication, and project management, of interest to employers.
Academic and Pastoral Support
- High quality academic support is provided through tutors experienced in working with a range of particular learning needs and requirements.
- Pastoral care and support is provided both in the college setting and in the placement, through a range of skilled staff
- Senior youth and children ministry roles within local and national Christian organisations and churches
- Church minister/vicar*
- Local authority children and/or youth worker
- Primary and secondary school teaching*
- Social work and allied professions*
*requires postgraduate study that can be employer funded
For further information explore the menu.