Cycling fundraiser for mission
Four members of the Ridley community are taking on the "Tour of Cambridgeshire" to raise funds for our three Mission Partners.
Nik Browning, Rob McDonald, Tim Gage and Tim Madeley will cycle the 126km continental-style closed road route, the first of its kind in the UK. The event, which takes place on 7th June, will start and finish from the Peterborough Arena with the course heading out in to the scenic Cambridgeshire countryside over unique terrain before returning. It offers some of the most challenging riding in the UK very similar to Belgium with some short sharp climbs at the start followed by the wide open roads of the Fens.
The team, nicknamed "The Ridley Riders", the four have agreed that they should reach a target of £2,000 in sponsorship between them, and they will shave their legs shortly before the race!
The mission partners for this year are:
– an organisation run by Ridley alumnus Pete Wynter, OneLife it exists to connect and equip young people and students to become exceptional leaders in every sphere of society
- The Alexandria School of Theology in Egypt
– the Alexandria School of Theology is supported so that we can assist our brothers and sisters in Christ in their training
- Canon Andrew White in Baghdad
– Ridley alumnus Canon Andrew White in Baghdad and The Foundation for Relief and Reconciliation in the Middle East are doing critical work as Christians face increasing persecution in the Middle East
If you would like to sponsor them for the ride, please visit www.justgiving.com/ridleyriders. Any donation will be gratefully received.