Children and Youth Lay Ministers
CYM Ridley Hall provide a massive amount of support both pastorally and academically.
Year 2 CYM Ridley Hall student
- Permission to study
in the UK
- 120 UCAS points or suitable
- Current CRB enhanced
disclosure or ISA Registration
- Evidence of at least 200 hours'
relevant ministerial experience
Where will I study?
Study occurs at Ridley Hall in
six block teaching weeks in
September, October, January,
February, April, June
Students from further afield
are supported in their practice
by our partner agencies.
The BA (Honours) degree in Theology, Ministry and Mission validated by Durham University, combines cutting edge vocational training in Children and Youth ministry, with the highest level of theological education, to provide some of the foremost training available for those called to mission and ministry with young people and children; their families and communities.
Modules are taught over 6 block weeks at Ridley Hall providing unique access to students across the UK.
Learning in, and from, practice
- You will be placed in a church or other appropriate setting for the duration of your training where your formation in ministry and mission will be rooted in ongoing practice.
- You will engage in group tutorials with experienced professionals, that support the application of learning within your practice and attend to your personal spiritual formation.
Studying on this programme will enable you to gain:
- Theological understanding at significant depth, including biblical and doctrinal theology and the ability to relate these to ministry and mission with young people and/or children
- An in-depth understanding and practice of mission and ministry with young people and/or children both within and beyond the church
- A range of transferrable skills including independent and creative thinking, self-organisation, team-working, communication, and project management, of interest to employers.
Academic and Pastoral Support
- High quality academic support is provided through tutors experienced in working with a range of particular learning needs and requirements.
- Pastoral care and support is provided both in the college setting and in the placement, through a range of skilled staff
- Senior ministerial roles within local and national Christian organisations and churches.
- Church minister/vicar*
- Local authority children and/or youth worker
- Primary and secondary school teaching*
- Social work and allied professions*
*requires postgraduate study that can be employer funded
To find out more about training for youth work at Ridley, browse our CYM at Ridley Hall pages.