Single and commuter students

'E' StaircaseSingle ordinands or ordinands who spend some of the week resident in College ('commuters') have a study-bedroom on one of our six staircases (residential blocks). Each staircase has a fitted kitchen which, amongst other things,  provides a social area for the staircase group. Study-bedrooms are also usually available (but not guaranteed) for single or commuting independent students.

If you are a prospective student with mobility issues, we will discuss your needs with you before your arrival at College. For more information on disability issues in relation to the college grounds, see our Access page.

Married students

Married students are accommodated in a variety of ways. Although we have very limited married or family accommodation on site, we have knowledge of a number of properties in Cambridge and the surrounding villages whose landlords choose to let to Ridley students for a reasonable rent (within the Diocesan budget). Ridley alumni own several of these properties.

Once you have accepted a place at Ridley for the next academic year, our Accommodations Secretary can give advice to help you to find the right sort of accommodation for you and your family. Some students may choose to purchase their own property for the duration of their time at Ridley.