The Ridley Award in Sports Ministry
If you're excited about the potential of sport for God's purposes, the Ridley Award is a fully flexible online learning experience that will support you to take the next steps. At its heart, the Award will give you the opportunity to grow as a disciple of Christ while developing as a sports minister.
On completing the Award you will:
- Better understand your engagement in sport as part of God’s mission to the world.
- Develop Godly habits and practices for ministry.
- Become more purposeful and confident in how you engage with and utilise sport for God’s purposes.
- Grow in your understanding of God and go deeper in your faith.
- Gain a framework for ongoing discipleship including mission and evangelism.
- Be supported to engage with other professionals and professional organizations and services I.e., schools, social services, health professionals.
- Be prepared for further study in ministry and mission whether informally or through a formal qualification.
A fully flexible online format
The Ridley Award is hosted online, so you won’t need to travel to Cambridge, but we will bring Cambridge to you, with all the wisdom and experience of our college where we have been training missionaries, priests, church leaders, youth, family, sports and schools ministers for over 140 years.
The Ridley Award has been designed for you to undertake in your own time and at your own pace. We recommend taking a minimum of 200 learning hours to complete the whole award, but the learning potential is endless!
- What's involved?
The Ridley Award is made up of 18 sessions. Each session is a mixture of hearing from others, activities and reflections, all of which have been purposefully designed to support your development as a Christian interested in sports ministry.
- Do I have a tutor?
The course is overseen by tutors at Ridley Hall, and they engage with public posts and comments on a regular basis. However, the course has been specifically designed to put control of your learning in your hands and to support you to engage with others in the way that best suits your learning style.
Accordingly, there is no requirement to engage with Ridley tutors. Instead, the course has been designed to support your existing practice and we would strongly suggest you undertake it with the support and engagement of your church leader, mentor, youth worker, or whoever that person is for you.
- Who designed the Award?
Who designed the Award?
The Award has been designed and created by staff at Ridley Hall in Cambridge, with the help of ministry friends from all walks of life. Find out more about those who teach the Ridley Award on our Contributors page.
- How much does it cost?
How much does it cost?
The first session is free, so do try it out! The full cost of the Award is £100, which you can pay through PayPal following registration.
- What does the Award give me?
What does the Award give me?
For those with little experience in this area we envisage the Award inspiring you to greater engagement in mission within your local context. For those with substantial experience but little or no previous engagement with ministry training, we envisage the Award instilling a greater confidence to develop existing and innovative practice.