Christian ministries: Work in youth, children’s or sports ministry
We train Christians to work with young people, children, and through sports ministry, via a variety of academic pathways:
- The Cert HE is our principal pathway if you are training as an apprentice or discerning your call to work with young people, children and families or through sport in a Christian setting.
- The Dip HE / BA is our principal pathway if you are wanting to train for a full-time position working with young people, children and families or as a sports minister in the church or Christian organisation.
- The PGDip/MA is our principal pathway if you are wanting to develop as an existing leader working with young people, children and families or in sports ministry, within the church or Christian organisation.
Pathway key features:
- Cert HE features
Cert HE features
- The Cert HE pathway for youth, children and families and sports ministry, utilises Online Delivery (Ridley Online)
- Dedicated modules – you will be taught key skills and be part of a learning community with others training to work with children and families
- Progression – completion of the Cert HE enables progression onto the Dip HE/BA
- Support – you will be supported by a director of Studies with direct experience of working with children and families in a Christian context
- Dip HE / BA features
Dip HE / BA features
- The Dip HE/BA pathway for youth, children and families and sports ministry, utilises Block Week Delivery (Ridley Cambridge)
- Placement – you will be placed with a church or Christian organisation for approx. 16 hours a week, where you will learn by doing and develop lifelong networks
- Dedicated modules – you will be taught key skills and be part of an ongoing learning community focused on working with children and families
- Streamed learning – you will be supported to grow in knowledge and apply your learning, by a lead tutor in your discipline: youth, children and family, or sports ministry
- PGDip/MA features
- PGDip/MA pathway for youth, children and families and sports ministry, utilises Block Week Delivery (Postgraduate Theological Study)
- Focus – opportunity to specialise in a specific area of work with young people, children and families or within sports ministry
- Expertise – join a learning community of expert practitioners and researchers
- Research – gain transferable research skills to develop your organisation
Explore graduate and postgraduate study pathways for ordained, licensed, and lay ministers of all kinds as well as theology for faith at our open day on 18th July.
Ridley Hall has been training Christians to work with young people, children and families for over 25 years. Many of our graduates have gone on to become church leaders in their Christian tradition - Anglican, Baptist, Methodist or Free Church. Many lead work with young people and children across the UK and abroad, while others lead churches and Christian organisations. Still others are social workers, community workers, leading projects with the most marginalised in society, teachers and, even, lecturers at Ridley!
In 2018, Ridley Hall was the preferred training provider for the Church of England’s five-year national project for sport and wellbeing. Building on this foundation, we are now the UK’s leading training provider of sports ministry training.