Lay ministry opportunity at Oundle, Peterborough Diocese
St Peter's Church in Oundle, near Peterborough, is offering a ministry placement opportunity to a prospective student on Ridley's Lay Ministry programme.
This undergraduate training scheme in Children's and Family Ministry offers an exciting position that will give you the chance to support an existing wide range of children's activities as well as to begin new initiatives in areas of ministry that excite you.
More about the position
You will join a supportive team at St Peter’s Oundle, a lively, thriving church in
a small market town in Northamptonshire. You will support ordained and lay colleagues to deliver a wide range of activities aimed at children and families including:
- Messy Church
- A weekly group for under 5’s and their parents/carers
- An exciting Summer Holiday club
- Primary school assemblies, RE lessons and church visits for three local schools
- Family-friendly Sunday services
- Junior Church
- Parenting courses
There would be scope to begin new initiatives and to take a role in leading an area of this ministry which especially excites you. You will be supervised by an experienced member of the clergy team, who will be keen to ensure that you develop personally and spiritually during your placement, as well as helping you to grow in your skills and giftings.
- Accommodation provided
- Operate alongside a team of experienced colleagues, including youth workers and
- Breadth of opportunities and experiences
- A supportive church community who have experience of caring well for placement
- Local training opportunities and personal development
Oundle, East Northamptonshire (near Peterborough)
If you are interested in the position or would like further information, please contact the Revd Jema Ball (email@example.com)
More about Ridley Lay Ministry
All students on our Lay Ministry programme engage in relevant ministry as part of an existing ministry team where they can apply their learning and develop key skills.