The Graduate Diploma
The typical track for those without prior theological study is the Ongoing Discipleship course. However, for those with a good 2.1 degree in another subject the Graduate Diploma in Theology, Ministry and Mission offers a more demanding entry into theology.
It is also a good conversion course for those ultimately looking to study the MA on our Postgraduate Study stream.
- When and where will you study?
When and where will you study?
Students can undertake modules through intensive teaching weeks and/or weekly attendance at our Cambridge Centre for one or two days a term (see Term Dates).
- Choosing from the delivery modes
Choosing from the delivery modes
It is sometimes possible to mix and match the two modes of delivery (see 'When and where will you study' above), and when you make an application enquiry we will be able to offer guidance on what might be best in your particular situation.
Block Teaching weeks work well for those who are working full-time but can take occasional weeks off work to study. Places on block teaching weeks are subject to availability.
Cambridge Centre teaching is suitable for those within an hour or two's drive of Cambridge and for whom the weekly commitment for 8 weeks can fit around their existing schedule.
Both the Block Week and Cambridge Centre options provide an opportunity to enjoy other aspects of Cambridge and access to the excellent libraries in Ridley and the other members of the Cambridge Theological Federation.
- What will you study?
What will you study?
You will study a total of 120 credits. You can choose between 80 and 120 credits (four to six modules) at Level 6 and up to 40 credits (two modules) at levels 4 and/or level 5. For our level 4 options, please visit the Cert HE information web page. Please contact us for level 5 options. Our level 6 options are:
- TMM3047 Further New Testament Text Study in Context Study (block week)
- TMM 3057 Further Old Testament Text Study in Context (block week)
- TMM3101 Christian Doctrine in Focus: Political Theology (term time)
- TMM3121 Methods in Modern Theology (block week)
- TMM3141 Church History in Focus (term time)
- TMM3181 Christian Faith & Ethical Living (block week)
- TMM3191 Leadership and Theology for Ministry and Mission (block week)
- TMM3201 Adult Education and the Learning Church (hybrid)
- TMM3431 Mission & Apologetics in Contemporary Culture (block week)
- TMM3551 Texts and Traditions in Christian Spirituality (term time)
- TMM3711 Reflective Practice: Relationships and Emotional Management (block week)
- TMM3721 Reflective Practice: Ministry & Mission with Children and Families (block week)
- TMM3731 Reflective Practice: Ministry & Mission with Young People (block week)
- TMM 3787 Further New Testament Text (term time)
- TMM3797 Further Old Testament Text Study (term time)
- TMM3822 Term Study Abroad (40 credits)
- TMM3337 Independent Learning Project (supervision based)
- TMM3XXX Reflective Practice: Sports Ministry and Mission (block week)
For more information on the course, which is validated by Durham University Common Awards, see our GradDip page in the courses section of this website.
To talk to us before you apply, please do not hesitate to contact us.