Fees for the Refreshment Programme
What is included?
The standard fees include:s
- A study-bedroom in College
- Weekday meals
- A weekly meeting with a member of the Ridley Hall Tutorial Staff for study guidance or spiritual direction, if required.
- Access to all College lectures, events, discussion groups and social activities.
- Reading rights to Ridley’s library (accessible 24 hours)
- Letter of introduction (for suitably qualified visitors) to the Cambridge University Library, which if approved will provide a library card.
- WiFi access in the study-bedroom and around College (also elsewhere on the University of Cambridge WiFi network)
A firm booking can only be confirmed after the College has received a reference from someone who is prepared to support your application.
- 2021-22 Fees
For 2021-22 the Refreshment Programme rates are:
- Per day: standard room £68; en-suite £84
- Per week: standard room £366; en-suite £471
- Per term:
- Michaelmas (Sept 26th to Dec 10th): standard room £3,865; en-suite £4,954
- Lent (Jan 18th to Mar 25th): standard room £3,388; en-suite £4,347
- Easter (Apr 26th to June 16th): standard room £2,628; en-suite £3,372
- En-suite rooms are in limited supply. We have two rooms available for married couples, each with two single beds. One is a standard room (daily £106; weekly £592; termly: Michaelmas £6,229; Lent £5,465; Easter £4,239). There is also an en-suite room (daily £122; weekly £698; termly: Michaelmas £7,327; Lent £6,432; Easter £4,990).
- Non-EU visiting Refreshment Programme visitors may need to pay £100 for the administration required to issue an Immigration Compliance Letter (required by the UK Government). However, this is not necessary if you are visiting is for a briefer break for refreshment rather than a more extended programme of study.
- For those wishing to use other libraries of the Cambridge Theological Federation (CTF) and borrow books, there is a CTF membership fee of £60. This also allows visitors to audit modules in the Common Awards program (£40 per module).
- It may be possible to book additional days outside term time (for which appropriate member rates apply), although this depends on room availability. There are no rooms available over the summer (June 14th to September 15th 2019).
- There is a non-returnable deposit of 10% of the total due for all bookings six months before the beginning of your stay, with the balance required one month before (or when the booking is made if at shorter notice). After your time at Ridley has commenced, we are not able to refund any part of the fee paid.