For those with a good degree in another subject, the Graduate Diploma in Theology, Ministry and Mission, offers a more demanding entry into biblical and theological study. It is also acts as a conversion course onto Postgraduate Study.
- How will I study?
How will I study?
Students studying for the GradDip in Theology, Ministry and Mission, typically do so, via block teaching weeks.
It is also possible to undertake some modules via weekly attendance at Ridley. We will be able to offer further guidance when you submit an application.
- Block Teaching Weeks
Block teaching weeks
Students studying for the GradDip in Theology, Ministry and Mission, join students on other pathways, on block teaching weeks in Cambridge, six times a year.
The teaching weeks are timetabled in September, October, January, February, April and June. See the 2023/24 module timetable (pdf).
Assignments are typically due 6 to 8 weeks after the teaching weeks.
- What modules will I study?
What modules will I study?
You will study a total of 120 credits. You can choose between 80 and 120 credits (four to six modules) at Level 6 and up to 40 credits (two modules) at levels 4 and/or level 5.
Level 6 options:
- TMM3047 Further New Testament Text Study in Context (block week)
- TMM3057 Further Old Testament Text Study in Context (block week)
- TMM3787 Further New Testament Text (term time)
- TMM3797 Further Old Testament Text Study (term time)
- TMM3121 Methods in Modern Theology (block week)
- TMM3181 Christian Faith & Ethical Living (block week)
- TMM3141 Church History in Focus (hybrid)
- TMM3101 Christian Doctrine in Focus: Political Theology (term time)
- TMM3191 Leadership and Theology for Ministry and Mission (block week)
- TMM3201 Adult Education and the Learning Church (hybrid)
- TMM3551 Texts and Traditions in Christian Spirituality (term time)
- TMM3711 Reflective Practice: Relationships and Emotional Management (block week)
- TMM3721 Reflective Practice: Ministry & Mission with Children and Families (block week)
- TMM3731 Reflective Practice: Ministry & Mission with Young People (block week)
- TMM3XXX Reflective Practice: Sports Ministry and Mission (block week)
- TMM3337 Independent Learning Project (supervision based)
- TMM3822 Term Study Abroad (40 credits)
Suggestive level 4 options:
- TMM1011 Introduction to the New Testament (block week)
- TMM1021 Introduction to the Old Testament (block week)
- TMM1211 Foundations for Theology and Reflective Practice (block week)
Suggestive level 5 options:
- TMM2011 Bible in Context (block week)
- TMM2211 Mission & Apologetics in Contemporary Culture (block week)
- Overview of module aims
Module overviews can be found on the Durham University Common Awards website, here: